What’s a girl to do with all these free kitchen SVGs? You can only have so many signs hanging up, or maybe you can’t find a blank sign that fits your design idea.
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price. However, I might earn a commission if you click through or purchase from the link.
At the bottom of this post I’ve shared a list of other free kitchen SVGs from some of my crafty friends… Because a girl can’t have too many, right? Once you download them all, what’s a girl to do with them all? Let me share one idea besides the usual sign DIY.
When I was growing up my mom always decorated for the seasons and holidays in our home. I feel, in this day and age, we change decor often too. I’m guessing your mom, grandmother or great-grandmother probably had the same picture hanging in her kitchen your whole life, right? Not this mom, I love to change them! It refreshes the home and we all love to see things we create around our home.
If you are this way too, I’ll show you how to use these fun free kitchen SVGs to switch out your decor in an inexpensive way and it’s so quick too.
Supplies to Use These Free Kitchen SVGs
These are a few supplies I use (or always have on hand, LOL) to do this on a regular basis. I work from home and love to switch things up and this is so easy and feels like a quick win.
- Cricut, or personal cutter
- Eat Kitchen SVG, or one from below
- Removable Vinyl in various colors or patterns
- Transfer tape
That’s it, the list is pretty short. We’ll be putting the vinyl right on the wall, but you’ll love how fun it is!
How to Add Vinyl to Your Walls
There’s just a few things to know before you add vinyl to your walls. I’ve cut a lot of vinyl for decorating walls or signs over the years. I love the new feel it adds to your room.
- Make sure it’s removable vinyl and not outdoor grade vinyl (or permanent vinyl).
- Pattern vinyl is so fun for this project to add some variation to the design.
- Works well for seasons: use some of that pretty Christmas pattern vinyl and buy some new stuff next year!
- Get the GOOD transfer tape. This saves you on ruining the wall, vinyl, or your sanity when the vinyl doesn’t stick to or removes well from the transfer tape. Here’s a link to my favorite Transfer Tape.
- If you walls are really course or textured, they vinyl won’t stick well or at all.
- Roll a tennis ball over the vinyl to help add pressure to make it stick to the wall (works for some heavy textured walls).
Customize the SVG for Your DIY
Get creative with the SVGs. Show below is one idea to use our Eat SVG. It’s fun to make the design your own some times.
Steps to customize the SVG
- You’ll want to upload the SVG into Design Space.
- Select the image and click ungroup to separate the word EAT from the fork ICON.
- Cut the word “EAT” larger for a heading on the top.
- Resize the icon smaller and cut a few of them:
- Cut 3 for the day, or 7 and plan your suppers for the week!
16 Free Kitchen Themed SVGs
My crafty friends have put together a list of new Kitchen Sign SVGs for you. Grab one from each, why not – they are all free!
- Kitchen Rules – That’s What Che Said
- EAT – We Can Make That!
- On Today’s Menu Sign – Printable Crush
- Life is Short, Lick the Bowl – Kelly Leigh Creates
- Grandma’s Kitchen – unOriginal Mom
- Cooked with Love – Try it – Like it – Create it
- Custom Name Kitchen Sign -Hello Creative Family
- Best Memories are Made Gathered Around the Table – Happy Go Lucky
- It’s Homemade Sign – Everyday Party Magazine
- Kitchen Conversions – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Eat More Cake – The girl Creative
- My cooking is so awesome even the smoke alarm cheers me on – Life Sew Savory
- The Kitchen Is The Heart Of The Home – Cutting Machine Crafting
- No such thing as too much butter – seeLINDSAY
- Coffee Bar – Homemade Heather
- In this Kitchen We Do – My Designs in the Chaos