Instead of carving a pumpkin, avoid the mess and use your Cricut to decorate your pumpkins this year. Use our cute free Jack O’Lantern SVG to create a mess-free pumpkin for your front porch decor. Plus, stay until the end for more Free SVGs for free pumpkin craft ideas.
Disclosure: Some links here are affiliate links – meaning, at no additional cost to you – I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure here.
This new pumpkin craft is easy for kids!
I used a plastic pumpkin from Hobby Lobby as shown in the picture, but you can sure use adhesive vinyl on your real pumpkins.
After Halloween, you can remove the vinyl and bake the pumpkin to use in your Thanksgiving Day pie.
The pumpkin themed svg files at the bottom of this post have awesome cut files with pumpkins for Halloween or free fall svg files for crafts.
Supplies For My Pumpkin Craft Idea
This list is pretty simple as you only need a pumpkin (real or fake), some adhesive vinyl, Cricut machine, Cricut’s design space, Jack O’Lantern SVG free cut file, and then embellishments if you want. Maybe add some autumn leaves or use glow int he dark vinyl.
I would NOT recommend heat transfer (HTV) vinyl for this project. A real pumpkin, or a fake pumpkin, would probably be ruined with the heat needed to make it stick.
Our cute files work with Cricut machine, Silhouette machine and other personal cutters. See each listing for file types to check your machines’ compatibility.
3 Steps for decorating a pumpkin with your Cricut!
Step 1 for decorating a pumpkin with your Cricut
Wash your pumpkin. Use a wash rag and warm water with a little soap if needed. Removing the dirt helps the vinyl stick. Be sure to dry it well before adding vinyl.
Step 2 for decorating a pumpkin with your Cricut
Cut your vinyl. Use our Jack O’Lantern SVG to make a cute carved pumpkin look. Upload with Design Space your machine’s software.
If you don’t have a cutting machine. Print the file to size, trace with vinyl and cut the design with scissors.
Change colors if you want to make a colorful face or cut part of the design (or all) in glow in the dark vinyl.
Step 3 for decorating a pumpkin with your Cricut
Use the transfer sheet to add your free pumpkin SVG to your pumpkin.
Latest SVGs in our Shop
Tips for adding vinyl to a your pumpkin
- Choose a design that is not a thick design. When there is a big section of vinyl, it might be hard to add that to your curved pumpkin design.
- Use glow in the dark vinyl for a fun jack O’Lantern look.
- This is a fun kids’ pumpkin decorating idea.
- Add the vinyl and they can paint the pumpkin. Remove the vinyl for a reverse idea.
Looking for more Free SVG Bundles?
I love to Inspire You To Create and regularly bring you free SVG collages like this post. We have free so many themes: Free camping SVGs, Free Doormat SVGS, Free Inspiring Quotes SVGs, St. Patrick’s Day SVGs, and Free Coffee SVG themes.
To view the list of blog posts that have free SVG collections you can use with your Cricut or Silhouette, click HERE.
Tips for Mess free Pumpkin Decorating
If you are looking for a mess free pumpkin carving idea, try adding our free jack o’lantern svg to decorate yours. This is one of many of our free SVG files in our shop (Our SVG shop has commercial license and personal use pumpkin designs.)
I use the original Cricut Maker and Cricut Design Space to cut and make my pumpkin craft idea, but that doesn’t mean you have to also. Our SVG cute files are designed to work on many other personal cutting machines or laser machines like in Silhouette studio or a Glowforge.
5 more ideas for a Pumpkin Craft ideas or Halloween Crafts
- This small but cute, free Jack O’Lantern SVG works great on those cute little pumpkins. Add a name with a sharpie to the back and you now place holders for your Halloween dinner table.
- Add the Free Jack O’Lantern face to an orange shirt, or even a cute onesie idea.
- Make some fall decor ideas: add it to a orange charger for your table
- Create some Halloween decorations and add this free Jack O’Lantern SVG to orange balloons.
- Cut this free Jack O’Lantern SVG our of Glow in the Dark vinyl and add it to your fridge for a home decor idea.
13 Free SVGs for Free Pumpkin Craft Ideas
Grab your cutting machine and some free pumpkin SVGs from my crafty friends. Use this list below to create wood signs, tote bags, fall crafts, thanksgiving decorations, decorate a coffee mug, or create other fall projects.
You’ll find so many decor and fun pumpkin craft ideas from this list. Tell me in the comments which one is your favorite fall SVG design.
- Persia Lou Leopard Pumpkin
- Brooklyn Berry Designs Autumn Skies And Pumpkin Pies is a cute sign idea
- We Can Make That! Jack O’Lantern Pumpkin Face (shown above)
- That’s What Che Said Hello Pumpkin
- Hello Creative Family Pumpkin Season
- The Girl Creative Pumpkin Spice Spice Baby
- Life Sew Savory Pumpkin fall sayings
- Homemade Heather hey there pumpkin is perfect for a door mat.
- Try it – Like it – Create it Pumpkin spice, everything nice
- Everyday Party Magazine Pumpkins!! for a shirt or maybe banner idea…
- Kara Creates Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch
- Artsy-Fartsy Mama shows some sassy with this Pumpkin Spice Girl SVG
- Liz in Call Pumpkins 5 cents fall sign idea
- Weekend Craft May Contain Pumpkin Spice (makes me want a latte!)
DIYs and designing SVG files are my passion. I feel so blessed to get to do what I love on this site for work. If you are a crafter or a craft business owner, I invite to look around and have fun! Read more…