How cute are these baby sock flowers??
These are so adorable and useful! If you are like me, you can’t bring yourself to gift a card and gift card to a baby shower. You have to make too cute too, right?
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price, however I might earn a commission.
Let me show you how to roll these baby sock flowers.
This DIY Baby Sock Flower Bouquet is the perfect mom-to-be gift idea. They can use the socks if you roll the flowers right, so it becomes a cute gift that is usable too.
They can be as big or little as you want. Use different size socks for a fun variation, and they are cute with any color scheme of socks you find.
Baby Sock Flower Bouquets make perfect Shower Centerpieces too!
If you are a baby shower host, these are adorable and easy to make. And again, the mom-to-be can use them afterward, so it’s not wasted.
- Baby socks
- Stems (or flowers and remove the floral part)
- Mason Jar, Pot or container for arrangement
- Styrofoam to help arrange flowers (optional)
- Filler, ribbon, tissue paper, etc. for embellishments
Money saving TIP: use Dollar Tree flowers, glass Mason jar and tissue paper for an inexpensive centerpiece idea.
Watch how I roll the sock flowers here:
Here is a video I did on Facebook showing you the steps.
How to Roll Baby Sock Flowers
Step one is to remove the flowers from the stems. I usually have a craft project to use them on later.
- I did try pipe cleaners, but they are too flimsy to hold up the sock.
Step Two is to roll the sock like a flower. Start at the toe, roll up, and tuck the edge onto the flower. I adjust them a little to make them look like a rose. Some times I end up adjusting too much and have to start over.
Step Three is to arrange in your container. Finishing it up with a ribbon or other embellishments.
If you need a fun place to tuck the gift card, you can glue it to a stem and use in the container or make a card!
This fun Diaper card is sure to bring a smile to the mom to be. She’ll be happy to have a diaper with something fun in it!
Baby DIYs at We Can Make That
DIY Baby Shower Ideas
The card and sock flowers would make a great baby shower centerpiece.
Card Ideas for Baby Shower Games
- Have guests write advice for mom-to-be inside.
- Use the Diaper Cards to reveal baby gender.
- Have guests write a note to baby.
- Hot glue them to wooden chopsticks and use in the flower arrangements.
- Leave them around the shower with fun baby advice notes and have one with a melted chocolate chip inside (the FULL diaper. LOL). Whoever finds that one, gets a prize.
If you are hosting the baby shower, after you DIY some baby sock flowers you can make the mom-to-be a fun baby shirt!
This Oh Baby SVG comes with a girl version and boy version. The arrow is a funny add on too. Be sure to keep it on the chest or lower, on the belly so it looks right on mom to be!