How cute are these baby sock flowers??
These are so adorable and useful! If you are like me, you can’t bring yourself to gift a card and gift card to a baby shower. You have to make too cute too, right?
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price, however I might earn a commission.
Let me show you how to roll these baby sock flowers.
This DIY Baby Sock Flower Bouquet is the perfect mom-to-be gift idea. They can use the socks if you roll the flowers right, so it becomes a cute gift that is usable too.
They can be as big or little as you want. Use different size socks for a fun variation, and they are cute with any color scheme of socks you find.
Baby Sock Flower Bouquets make perfect Shower Centerpieces too!
If you are a baby shower host, these are adorable and easy to make. And again, the mom-to-be can use them afterward, so it’s not wasted.
- Baby socks
- Stems (or flowers and remove the floral part)
- Mason Jar, Pot or container for arrangement
- Styrofoam to help arrange flowers (optional)
- Filler, ribbon, tissue paper, etc. for embellishments
Money saving TIP: use Dollar Tree flowers, glass Mason jar and tissue paper for an inexpensive centerpiece idea.
Watch how I roll the sock flowers here:
Here is a video I did on Facebook showing you the steps.
How to Roll Baby Sock Flowers
Step one is to remove the flowers from the stems. I usually have a craft project to use them on later.
- I did try pipe cleaners, but they are too flimsy to hold up the sock.
Step Two is to roll the sock like a flower. Start at the toe, roll up, and tuck the edge onto the flower. I adjust them a little to make them look like a rose. Some times I end up adjusting too much and have to start over.
Step Three is to arrange in your container. Finishing it up with a ribbon or other embellishments.
If you need a fun place to tuck the gift card, you can glue it to a stem and use in the container or make a card!
This fun Diaper card is sure to bring a smile to the mom to be. She’ll be happy to have a diaper with something fun in it!
Baby DIYs at We Can Make That
DIY Baby Shower Ideas
The card and sock flowers would make a great baby shower centerpiece.
Card Ideas for Baby Shower Games
- Have guests write advice for mom-to-be inside.
- Use the Diaper Cards to reveal baby gender.
- Have guests write a note to baby.
- Hot glue them to wooden chopsticks and use in the flower arrangements.
- Leave them around the shower with fun baby advice notes and have one with a melted chocolate chip inside (the FULL diaper. LOL). Whoever finds that one, gets a prize.
If you are hosting the baby shower, after you DIY some baby sock flowers you can make the mom-to-be a fun baby shirt!
This Oh Baby SVG comes with a girl version and boy version. The arrow is a funny add on too. Be sure to keep it on the chest or lower, on the belly so it looks right on mom to be!
DIYs and designing SVG files are my passion. I feel so blessed to get to do what I love on this site for work. If you are a crafter or a craft business owner, I invite to look around and have fun! Read more…