Teacher DIY Classroom Decor Ideas
If you are a teacher looking for a DIY Classroom decor idea, this is an easy one. If you are a mom looking for a teacher gift idea. I got ya covered with this Teacher Decor idea and at the bottom, you’ll find a list of many more school DIY ideas.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links – meaning, at no additional cost to you – I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Classroom decorations are what sets your room apart from other classes. Creates the home-like feel your students need to feel comfortable. However, if you are the creative teacher who needs something more than the standard welcome signs other teachers have for their rooms. This Clipboard Teacher Sign is perfect!
This changeable sign for the classroom doesn’t require a Cricut machine (or any cutting machine), but you can personalize the sign by adding the teacher’s name if you want.
Supplies for Classroom Decor Sign PRINTABLE
- Paper / Printer
- Vinyl if want to personalize it with a name or grade
- Free Home Sweet Classroom PDF
Supplies for Classroom Decor Sign VINYL
- VINYL colors for the SVG (Use colors to match your classroom decor theme)
- Vinyl if want to personalize it with a name or grade
- Free Home Sweet Classroom SVG
If you are using vinyl instead of the PDF as a printable sheet, simply cut out the layers of colors and attached them to a clipboard. If it were me, I would get a smooth plastic clipboard and add the teacher’s design that way.
However, if you want to use HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl), I would look for a wooden, pressed chipboard or cork clipboard. You could also repurpose a frame. So many creative ideas. See the list below in this blog post for more ways to use this free Classroom SVG -– there are lots of options, and I’m sure you’ll be inspired.
I want to show you a few creative ways to help you decorate your classroom door and entry space. This design is created with a bright color pallet in the traditional school color themes. But you can sure edit the design and use vinyl to cut this design. I will show you how to turn it into a changeable sign using our free Home Sweet Classroom Free printable.
Steps for creating the Printable Teacher Sign
Start by measuring your clipboard or frame and print out the Home Sweet Classroom using paper. .
As you trim this printed Teacher SVG, keep in mind you’ll need a little extra space on top for the clip and leave the bottom part of the clipboard if you want to add a name like in the example.
Once the paper is trimmed to fit, simply add it to the clipboard. You can get creative and add a WELCOME sign to the clipboard, so if the paper is removed, the board I not blank.
Next would be to add the Teacher Name or Grade to the sign. I would do this in sticky vinyl for the plastic clipboard or HTV don’t he chipboard type. This is great.
If you liked this one, you might also like our Harry Potter DIY list.
Looking for more Free SVG Bundles?
I love to Inspire You To Create and regularly bring you free SVG collages like this post. We have free so many themes: Harry Potter Crafts, Free camping SVGs, Free Doormat SVGS, Free Inspiring Quotes SVGs, St. Patrick’s Day SVGs, and Free Coffee SVG themes.
To view the list of blog posts that have free SVG collections you can use with your Cricut or Silhouette, click HERE.
DIY Classroom Decor Ideas
This Classroom decor idea is a great way to make this a special teacher in your life.
You can sometimes find old clipboards or frames at garage sales and paint them to create new teacher decor.
Ways to use this Home Sweet Classroom Sign
Use this classroom decor idea to welcome back students for the new school year or welcome them on the first day of school. Here some other ideas.
- Fun decor by your cozy classroom library
- Welcome Sign by your Door
- Cut it out of vinyl and add it to your classroom door
- Cut it out of scrapbook paper, use foam squares, and add it to a shadowbox
- Decorate your classrooms’ learning space
- Use it to hang your hall pass on
- Use a gift for your teacher-friends
- Change out the printable Home Sweet Classroom with an inspirational quote
- Display student work
- Print a list of Classroom Rules to display
When I was on the PTO, I loved coming up with bulletin board ideas. So this design and sign idea came from that inspiration. Create it once, use it many ways.
School Themed DIYs and Crafts from other Blogs
My creative friends love to share their free School Crafts too. Check out these — 11 more fun school DIYS!
- Laura from Me and My INKlings has created a set of hand-drawn and water-colored Back-to-School Lunchbox Notes that are available to download for FREE!
- Create the cutest DIY Pencil Case made with felt and embellished with a strawberry. Smitha from Smiling Colors has the full tutorial on her blog.
- Shani from Sunshine and Munchkins is sharing the CUTEST Back-to-School Pencil Wreath created from yarn. Fun for the classroom door!
- Download and print a set of Lunchbox Notes to inspire the kiddos during back-to-school time. Head over to Laura’s blog, Laura’s Crafty Life to get the Free Printable.
- Justine from Little Dove has created the cutest DIY Apple Garland from book paper. What a cute way to decorate the classroom for back-to-school.
- Make a fun Friendship Bracelet Style Bookmark for your bestie with this step-by-step tutorial from Erica of 5 Little Monsters.
- Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks is sharing a fun DIY Pencil Sign with the FREE SVG Cut File. The perfect back-to-school teacher gift.
- Make sure to keep all the kids’ school supplies organized with Personalized Notebooks. Get the editable sublimation files from Katie over on the Crafty Blog Stalker.
- Chelly from We Can Make That is sharing the cutest SVG Cut File to create a Home Sweet Classroom Clipboard for that special teacher.
- Create a fabulous back-to-school gift for your new teachers with Lindsay’s Resin Pencil Keychain tutorial over on her blog Artsy Fartsy Mama. Makes the perfect backpack charm too!
- Beth from Creatively Beth is channeling her inner Dad Jokes with a set of Punny Lunch Notes to keep the kiddos in stitches.
- Hydration is super important, so do it in style with Personalized Water Bottles. Marissa of Rae Gunn Ramblings has the full tutorial on her blog.
I had fun making this one; easy and so cute. I hope you enjoyed this DIY Classroom Decoration idea.
DIYs and designing SVG files are my passion. I love this! I feel so lucky to get to do what makes me happy (what I love to do) on this site for work. I am thankful I have some amazing people around me to share this all with, is now my reality that feels like the fairy tale I always wanted. Read more…
Cute back to school SVG file