It probably sounds like a scam. I get it. And years ago (before I was doing it) I might have laughed it off as well. But stay with me friends. Let me explain and show you what you can do to start marketing to increase your business even if you don’t have an marketing knowledge.
We need to understand the basic terms for MARKETING and BRANDING before we proceed to learn how marketing can make you more money.
Our BRAND is the visual that customers get when they hear our name.
MARKETING is how we use our brand.
4 Ways Marketing Can Make You More Money
- Saves You Time
- Builds Trust with Your Audience
- Adds a Professional Look
- Makes Life Easier as a Business Owner
I feel like I could sign off and drop the mic but I think I should explain a bit more. Let’s talk through each one.
No. 1: Saves You Time
Having a marketing plan in place for your brand will really save you time. No more hunting for fonts, colors, places to posts, email topics to create, deciding on the when to post all this good stuff…
A marketing plan has these items all laid out:
- End dates/Goals or Purpose to connect with customers
- Details about how to connect with customers on the promo
- Topics for posts, emails, and lives
- Schedule for topics on social media
- Specific WHEN dates defined for items above.
No. 2: Adds a Professional Look
If your website, Etsy shop or social media platforms look messy, cluttered and are all over the place without a hint of a cohesive design, this gives viewers an uneasy feel making it harder for them to trust giving your credit card info or even an email address.
Having a strong brand is an easy way to add professionalism to your accounts. And the professional look makes it’s easy for your audience to feel you are serious about business.
No. 3: Builds Trust with Your Audience
When you have a professional brand it builds trust with your audience. This is good if you are about to ask for a credit card from them. Or for their trust to join a group of yours (for a free or paid). Even for something as small as an email address, this applies too.
If they don’t personally know you and if they see you look like you know what you are doing, that could far pass any other site they are considering doing business with and comparing it to yours. Keep yourself above the competition!
No. 4: Makes Life Easier as a Business Owner
This is my favorite one! It lights me up! (It’s what inspired my Entrepreneur Planner.) When you take time to map out your marketing, it grows your business without even trying. You spend your time doing your “thang,” and before you know it, business is skyrocketing!
Having tasks to complete instead of deciding what to post or go live about today is so much more productive. Especially when your month is planned and pushing your audience towards something in your business. This is a great way to increase sales.
Marketing Plans for beginners
If you are still reading, you are probably sold on the marketing idea. If you are scratching your head and not sure what to do first – Don’t worry. I got you covered with some steps on how marketing can make you more money!
- Schedule time to create your marketing plan (I usually take an hour each month and check in on it each week)
- Decide what your end goal is: More followers, more sales, launches, website traffic
- Break the plan down into steps you can complete: Go live, grow a following, do more blogging to build website traffic
- Make a specific list for each step above. Wedding DIYs: write blog posts about wedding DIYs, create new pins for old content and schedule out all pins, Plan lives on wedding topics and post on social media for blogs and tips for the wedding DIY audience.
Feeling lost? We have a couple of options to help.
We have a free checklist that will give you tasks for these topics above. You can print it out and use it each day to stay on top of your marketing or add the tasks to your planner.
A planner for those marketing their business
If you don’t want to spend your time adding these tasks to your planner, we have a Marketing Planner for Entrepreneurs that has them all built right in! It’s been a lifesaver for many bloggers and comes with free tutorials!