Grab your Cricut and make dad a funny shirt for Father’s Day. Plus, if you read to the end you’ll find a list of 5 other Free Father’s Day SVGs to keep creating!
Father’s Day Graphic Tee Supplies
The supplies to make dad a shirt for Father’s Day with your Cricut are pretty short.
- Cotton or Cotton-Blend Tee
- World’s Okayest Dad free SVG
- Cricut or any cutting machine
- HTV vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress (or an Iron or Heath Press)
Having Trouble with your Vinyl Staying on the Shirt?
I find using Pressing Pillows help the vinyl stay on your item longer.
I had trouble with the HTV coming off after one or two washes. Using pressing pillows like this is helpful.
Steps for making a Father’s Day T-Shirt
- Cut the vinyl with your Cricut or cutting machine. *Be sure to mirror the image for the HTV (Heat Press Vinyl) so it reads right on the shirt.
- Weed away the HTV you don’t want on the shirt, leaving the design on the clear carrier sheet.
- Warm up the shirt a bit with the EasyPress. I think this helps the design adhere a little better.
- Apply heat according to your vinyl instructions for your type of fabric. Different materials need different times or temps.
After you make dad a shirt with your Cricut, create a Father’s Day card with our Shirt and Tie card SVG. It’s pretty simple to cut and you can get the kids involved to assemble this Father’s Day card.
This shirt and Tie SVG card also can be a wedding card when you cut it out in black papers to look like a tuxedo.
I did a Facebook like a while back and showed you how easy it is to put together.
Free Father’s Day SVG from other Bloggers
- Pen and Posh Fathers Day Card
- The Crafty Blog Stalker Rad Dad
- We Can Make That World’s Okayest Dad SVG (free father’s Day SVG)
- Creates with Love Best Dad Ever
- Crafting in the Rain Two Thumbs and Awesome Kids
- Sprinkle DIY Best Daddy Ever