Those wooden ornaments are so cute. This season inspires me to create, but then I feel there are so many ideas where does a girl start? Let me show you a few ideas for a Snowflake Wooden Ornament, plus I’ll share a few other Free Ornament SVGs links from my creative friends! They are all sure to inspire you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links – meaning, at no additional cost to you – I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure here.
These wooden ornaments sell well at craft shows. I used a old shutter set to display them here. They were the first thing to sell at the show I did.
They are so easy to create and they make great gifts. Add them to a gift card or simply make a few to share the joy of the season! They make great tags for gifts too. Add a simple paper tag with the name and they toss that and enjoy the ornament for years to come.
Snowflake Wooden Ornaments Supplies
- Wooden Circles (any size)
- Snowflake SVG
- String or Twine to hang
- Snowflake material: Vinyl, HTV, Felt, Material, Paper
- Adhesive (if needed)
My favorite one was when I used felt cutouts from Hobby Lobby and glued them onto the Wooden Ornaments. I used some cute buffalo check ribbon. The felt gave them a cute dimension, and well, everything is cuter with buffalo check anything!
Funny & Sweet Ornament SVG Ideas
Tips for making Snowflake Wooden Ornaments
If you use adhesive vinyl for your snowflake, try covering the Wooden Ornaments with mod podge first to help it stick. Using the HTV is a good solution too. Some use paint which can be really cute too! Either in a black-like chalk paint, or in a festive color.
Wooden Snowflake Ornaments
These wooden snowflakes are so cute and easy to make too. Using the wooden die cuts from Hobby Lobby they can be such a quick and easy craft with the kids.
If you want to make your own snowflakes from felt or foam, use our Snowflake SVGs from the shop, and cut your own!
How about 17 more ornament ideas?? Check out these free SVGs you can use to make a festive holiday ornament. Happy Creating!
Free Ornament SVGs
My crafty friends and I had some fun creating this list. So many ornament DIY ideas!
Tell me which one is your favorite in the comments below.
- Holly Jolly Ornament – Fynes Designs
- Let it Snow – Everyday Party Magazine
- Good Cheer Hand Lettered Ornament – Printable Crush
- Mistletoe and Merlot Ornament – Kelly Leigh Creates
- House Under Elf Surveillance – Happy Go Lucky
- Oh Snap Gingerbread Man – Hello Creative Family
- Winter Wonderland Arabesque Tile Ornament – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Layered Christmas Wreath Ornaments – Liz on Call
- Merry Christmas Gnome – Cutting Machine Crafting
- Shaker Ornament – Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
- Gingerbread Face Ornament – Artsy-Fartsy Mama (you are here)
- 3D Paper Ornaments – That’s What Che Said
- 3D Tree Ornament – Try It Like It
- Merry Christmas – Unoriginal Mom
- Felt Christmas Ornaments – Life Sew Savory
- Rustic Elements Wood Slice Ornaments – The Girl Creative