It’s the season of love. And who doesn’t love Free Valentine’s Day SVGs? For this craft decor project we are using our Envelope SVG to make an adorable Love Letter Decor item. PLUS! Stay tuned to the end, I have a list of over 15 more free Valentine’s Day SVGs you can use to create more LOVEly Valentine’s Day DIYs.
Disclosure: Some links on this page are affiliate links – meaning I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Love Letter Valentine’s Day Decor DIY
We used our free Envelope SVG to make this wall decor item. I’m feeling extra creative because I had everything on hand expect the felt sheets for this project.
I cut the envelope on my Cricut® Maker and then used hot glue to fold it together. This image is with a pink paper envelope. Next, I added the wooden hearts where I wanted them to go so I could decide which one to paint what color. I wanted to space out the colors so the same pink colors weren’t all in one area.
To make assembly easier, I took this picture of the hearts because I really liked how they looked in the placement and wanted to be able to place them here again after I painted them.
Supplies for Valentine’s Day Decor
My idea for this project came from looking through my stash of craft supplies. I think it would be cute to use conversational hearts (like the ones on this Valentine’s Day card) if you didn’t have wooden hearts. I do like how the wooden hearts added some depth since they were all different thickenesses.
- Wooden Tray or Canvas (mine was 12×12)
- Wooden hearts (or cut them from paper/felt)
- Stiff felt sheet for the envelope (I used the 9×12 size)
- Envelope SVG
- Hot glue and gun
This love letter Valentine’s Day decor idea is one of many DIYs you can make with the list of Free Valentine’s Day SVGs listed at the end of this blog post.
I picked paint that I had and looked to match. My vision was all different colored pink hearts coming out of the envelope. As I was picking paint colors, the teal jumped out at me. It provided an excellent contrasting color I think, and they are both some of my favorite colors.
I used these adorable wooden die-cut hearts from Hobby Lobby. They make a good addition to projects when using Free Valentine’s Day SVGs! I’ve been using them on cards so far so it was fun to use them on something I could hang in my home.
To add some color, I painted each wooden heart. Allowed to dry – it just took a few minutes – then I used some sandpaper to distress the edges a bit. Here’s a close up of the envelope I cut. .
I hope this project inspired you to create something for Valentine’s Day! Let’s keep the creativity going with some free SVGs from my other crafty friends.
15 Free Valentine’s Day SVGs
Find these adorable free Valentine’s Day SVGs from these other creative sites. Be sure to leave a comment on which one you think is the cutest.
- I Love You SVG file – That’s What Che Said
- Love Letter free SVG – We Can Make That
- You’re My Lobster free cut file – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Zombie Ate My Heart free svg file- Printable Crush
- All We Need is Love – Kelly Leigh Creates
- My Class is Full of Sweet Hearts – unOriginal Mom
- Love Shirt – Try It Like It Create It
- My Heart Belongs To Mommy/Daddy – Hello Creative Family
- Love You Most. The End. I win. – Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Valentine Tacos – Everyday Party Magazine
- Donuts are My Valentine – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Hello Love – The Girl Creative
- Conversation Hearts – Liz on Call
- Llama Love You Forever – Life Sew Savory
- Scrunchie Valentine – Fynes Designs
- All of Me Loves All of You – Cutting Machine Crafting
- XOXO Pajamas – SeeLindsay
- Love Bites – Homemade Heather
- Love Stinks, Let’s Drink – Leap of Faith Crafting
- Kids Valentine Shirt – Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
Thanks so much for crafting with me today!
DIYs and designing SVG files are my passion. I feel so blessed to get to do what I love on this site for work. If you are a crafter or a craft business owner, I invite to look around and have fun! Read more…