making personalized crafts with your Cricut or cutting machine is so fun! When you take some vinyl and then simply add a last name to those blanks like wooden circles or picture frames, they make great gifts for holidays or weddings.
We’ve created a few Last Name personalized SVGs for you to use in your next decor DIY. Here are a few of them and some inspiration to get you creating.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links – meaning, at no additional cost to you – I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Picking Fonts for your Last Name Decor Ideas
Being a graphic designer pairing fonts comes naturally to me. If you struggle with this step here are a few tips.
I like to keep the last name crisp and clear. Adding the ‘Est. ______’ date in a script most times. Although I do love a script font, keep these tips in mind when you are picking one:
- Can you read all the letters? Script fonts are the worst for this! But oh, so cute too. LOL
- Be mindful of the spaces between the fonts (kerning). You can un-attach the letters in Design Space and then nudge them over so the letters touch, like a written font should be.
- Contrasting fonts usually pair well, Serif Font and Script. Opposites attract!
These tips help you design a file that looks professional. I love picking fonts and pairing them with designs. If you need help with this too try Creative Market or Design Bundles is where I find mine.
Take any of these designs below and add the saying or name you want.
Get creative and add dimensional items to the wreath graphic. My favorite things to add are:
- Some greenery (those picks from Hobby Lobby are great!)
- Hot glue flowers around the wreath
- Add a bow on the top or bottom
- Paint a large stripe behind the words to make them pop
- Cut out the last name in wood. (Your Cricut Maker can cut wood)
- Add gems or some sparkle with rhinestones